Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Clever Ideas

Since my new obsession with Pintrest, I've been trying all kinds of neat and creative things that I found through the site. Everything from DIY, to recipes, to clever things that make life easier. Today I thought I would start with something super simple, and I will continue to share the creative and clever ideas that other people have come up with that work for me!
Today's thought seems too easy. It's called the $5.00 savings plan. It works like this, every time a $5.00 bill comes into your possession instead of throwing it into your wallet to spend again, put it in a jar or envelope. You'll be amazed at how quickly it adds up. Put a final destination on the money, like a vacation or that expensive ipad,  then you aren't as tempted to dip into when you need some quick cash. I've just started this past weekend and I already have $20 in my envelope!

Here's the site I found this on, MommySavers There's some good ideas on the site! I tend to be more of a credit/debit spender, but I've read that people tend to spend less money when they are using cash so I'm gonna give it a try, plus I'm, sure I'll find more $5 bills then if I used plastic all the time.

Photo credit: www.mommysavers.com
Happy Saving!!

Cheer!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment