Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Colarado Travels

Just got home from Denver, Colorado yesterday! What an amazing trip! One of my best friends from High School moved out there just about 4 years ago and I finally made it out to see her! I cannot believe I waited this long! It's so beautiful! In my defense, I only started skiing 2 years ago, so I really wasn't ready for a place like Colorado, but its still a horrible excuse because now I'm dying to go out this summer and do some hiking. The views are just incredible, but to ski out there was really awesome to be able to do and I actually conquered my first black diamond! I'm so glad we made the trip, and it was a perfect year to go because Buffalo hasn't really seen any snow which is insanely weird. Even weirder though is that Denver doesn't really get snow (below the mountains) something I never knew, but while we were there they got hit with a whopping 24" over night! Being from Buffalo and knowing how to manage the snow without thinking twice, and having the perception that Denver is used to snow too, I was baffled to find out that the city shut down! It didn't stop us though, besides it was my birthday and a little snow doesn't keep you from celebrating! My other bff from High School flew out in the snow to come hang out with us to, it was so nice to spend my birthday with my two best friends from high school, we haven't all celebrated a birthday together since HS, and thats going on 8 years now! And of course the hubs was there too!

We ventured up to Boulder one day while we were there and that was a really neat town too. We did some shopping, tried some restaurants and of course had to check out more views of the Rockies, a site I could get used to seeing. Had my first tastes of Illegal Pete's (I guess its a big deal) we hit up Ted Turner's Steakhouse, and I found my absolute new favorite mojito bar! To bad its so far away, I'd go there every weekend if I could. We also scoped out a local Speak Easy, It was a little bar behind the pie shop, very cool atmosphere, and the drinks we're delish!

The highlight of the trip of course though was skiing Breckenridge Mountain. We had to get up at 6am to beat the traffic but it was worth it when we were there by 9am and had almost the whole day to ski. The lifts there close at 4 since they can't light the mountains like they can around here. But we were lucky to snag a timeshare right on the mountain side of Peak 7, where there was a spa and outdoor hot tubs and pools. It was really neat to run outside  in your bathing suit, sit in the hot tubs with a beer and watch the skiers come down. A great way to finish the day! Unfortunately a combination of dehydration and extreme elevation gave me the worst headache, but water is an amazing thing and perked me right up! I can't wait to plan our next trip out there, hopefully she stays there long enough for us to come again! In the meantime, we have a trip to LA, California in April, and we're in the process of planning a trip to Greece in June! We have a big year for traveling and I am loving every minute of it!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment