Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Half Marathon

I am Training for the Buffalo Half Marathon taking place on May 27, 2012. Its something I have always wanted to do but never imagined I could, and I'm doing it!! I ran my first 6 miles on Sunday, and to my amazement I didn't die! Once I get past my 3 mile hump its smooth sailing! For race practice we ran the Buffalo Shamrock Run on Saturday March 3rd. 65 mph winds made for a tricky day and despite whinning and complaining to my husband all the way to the starting line I completed the 8k in about 45 minutes! (My goal was under an hour) So not only did I beat my goal, but I didn it in conditions I never thought I could! Running is such a mental game and I think I am finally getting to the pont where I realized that I CAN do this, and I've come so far now, to stop would only make me have to start all over again! Here's a picture of me and my friends Meghan and Danielle after we completed the run!!
All Smiles for not being blown away!

If you want to follow my progress, keep checking back to my blog and I'll post updates, but you can also find me on Run Keeper http://runkeeper.com/user/mrsmags/profile Join my Street Team! I'm setting out for 4 miles tonight and Saturday is my big run of 8 miles. I'm more then halfway there in my training!!

I'll finish up with some very motivational quotes I've found, of course, on Pinterest. But they have kept me moving!!

"The hardest step for a runner is the first one out the door"


No comments:

Post a Comment